Sunday, February 17, 2008

Arrival.

In Moscow, it is 11:48 AM on Sunday morning.

I arrived here at 1:30 PM on Friday, the 15th of February.

I have been staying at Vasili's family's apartment in the center of the city.

Tonight we are moving into our apartment, which is Northeast of the center.

I will update again in a few days with pictures and stories and descriptions and observations and thoughts and everything I can think of that is interesting about my life so far in Russia.

I do want to state that this blog is for my friends and family who want to remain updated on the big move, and all the moves I will be making around the world in visits, adventures, vacations and business.

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page. Saint Augustine

6 comments:

rachael said...

yay yay yay micah!
i do wish this was on lj,
but i'll make a good attempt
to check this often!

so proud of you.
so excited for you.
rachael

LauraBlogs said...

Glad you made it there safely!
I look forward to hearing about all the fun places and sites you will visit. I'll have you know I plan on living vicariously through you so make it good!

Laura
p.s. Love the quote

beth said...

just saved this on my blog list! <3<3<3 i can't believe you're in russia. so awesome! send me a postcard, and give me your address too!
2029. w. main st, apt b.
richmond, va 23220

Frankie Freitas said...

hey micah, it's frankie. I'm really glad you decided to start this blog.
good luck with everything.

Micah Moves said...

Thanks everyone!!
How do I add friends' blogs to some sort of friends list?

Beth- nice picture :)

I will have a new post soon... we moved into the new apartment which is full of his late grandmothers' stuff, ancient Russian books, communist and Soviet Union nick-nacks, clothing, etc.
We are renovating it completely. Should be interesting.
And we went to a small city 4 hours outside of Moscow the other day which was like stepping into 1985 Soviet Union-land.
I have pictures and stories to share!

Unknown said...

Mom says.......

Are taking your vitamins?